Peacock Eyes

Peacock Eyes Makeup Tutorial

As promised on Thursday's posts all about the Makeup Revolution's Unicorns Unite palette, I am back with a fun and colourful smokey eye. I certainly wouldn't wear this kind of makeup look on an everyday basis, it's definitely reserved for nights out on the town. So it's  more of a party look, which I don't get to attend very often at all but for me makeup is all about having fun which is why I wanted to create the look regardless and share it here on my blog.  The shades I mixed together remind me of peacock feathers, hence the odd name (yup I'm just a tad strange I know). I personally wanted the eye look to be the main feature so I kept everything else paired back and toned down, you're looking at a natural face and nude lips. But if you wanted to add more colour with this kind of smokey eye and you knew what suited you then I'm sure that would be perfectly fine too.

Peacock Eyes Makeup Tutorial

I am all about light bases this time of the year so I opted for a newly re-discovered product that I have been loving recently, the Bourjois 123 CC Cream. I even used the CC Cream as my under eye concealer because the pigments within balanced out my dark cycles perfectly. It really does even out my skin tone perfectly whilst it feels and looks really natural. I set that in place with Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights Breathe Powder, like seriously I need to use something else but I just can't get enough. I skipped contour and blush, as I opted for another re-discovered product, the TBS Honey Bronzing Powder, which was the only colour I brought to my face. As a highlighter I used an oldie but a goodie MAC MSF Soft & Gentle, it's one of my favourites even if you do need to use a light hand. As simple as that may sound that's the base finished, easy or what….

Peacock Eyes Makeup Tutorial
How annoying is that single strange of hair in the middle of my face #photofail

The eyes are a little more tricky but considering you are sticking to the same palette MUR Unicorns Unite, it's actually not that bad. The main trick with this look and any kind of smokey eye for that matter is to blend out any harsh edges constantly. I hoped I explained the steps in the photo above but if you have any further questions please ask me. Oh if you're wondering in terms of the shades and the names, I've found that Pretty Chit Chat has a photo with the plastic sheet of names on top of the palette so you get an idea of the exact shades here.

To finish the eyes I used the NUDESTIX Magnetic Eye Colour is shade Gilt to line my top line as well as the waterline. I feel like this gold liner really brought the whole look together. I used my favourite mascara duo, the Blinc Black Lash Primer and Benefit They're Real (seriously could I use the same products enough, but I just love these two for beautiful lashes).

Peacock Eyes Makeup Tutorial
I kept my lips bare yet glossy as I used the Lip Oil I got from Born Pretty Store. I felt like glossy lips worked well with the colourful eyes but I would imagine using a nude or light pink shade lipstick would also work well. That's the finished look and I really enjoyed creating it even if it is bold and out of my comfort zone. Is this a makeup look you could see yourself wearing? Is there anything you would change about the finished look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS